Tuesday 31 July 2012

Stampede Success

Once again I entered art in the Creative Arts & Crafts competition at the Calgary Stampede. We went in in Sneek-a-Peek night to go see how my two drawings did. This year was the first year I had to enter in the Open category because I am now to old to enter in the Junior division so I wasn't expecting to do as well as I did. 
Here are the photos I used as a reference and the artwork I entered.
A close-up picture of my cow Hunny.


My ink drawing that won second place in its class. 

A picture of one of my purebred hampshire rams, Prairie Winds 4X.


My pencil sketch that won first place in its class.

The Western Oasis is one of my favorite places to visit during Stampede, its so quiet and there is so much beautiful artwork on display. I will definitely continue to enter and can't wait for next year's show!

No comments:

Post a Comment