Monday 2 May 2011

Meet Puff




How Prairie Winds Started 
In 2007 I got my first purebred Hampshire. We already had a herd of Suffolk crosses that I used for 4-H and open shows and the first time I seen Puff was at the Olds Fair in August of 2007. She was in a pen with four other ewe lambs being shown by the Ashbacher family and we inquired about buying the pen. A couple weeks later her four friends were delivered to our house but she could not be sold as she was being used as a prize at a junior show later that year. 


My family made the trip up to Edmonton that November for the Northland`s Junior Sheep Show. My name ended up being the last called in a reverse draw and my prize was Puff. I guess it was meant to be.


She was the first of what is now my own purebred flock of Hampshires. I love the breed and currently am working on expanding my herd. 


Puff aka First Knight 61T
Born: January 21, 2007
Tatoo: XAC 61T
Puff`s Family TreePedigree

No comments:

Post a Comment