1. On average sheep live for eight years but the oldest recorded sheep was twenty-three.
2. A sheep's teeth change as they age and they don't have any teeth in their upper gum.
3. Sheep are commonly thought of as stupid but they rank equally with cattle and under pigs in terms of intelligence.
4. Sheep see color.
5. Sheep have poor depth perception, they don't like drinking water out of a black container because they can't tell how deep it is and they don't like being housed in a dark building.
6. Sheep are not designed to roll over if they somehow get stuck on their backs, if they stay like this for too long they will die.
7. Sheep were one of man's first domesticated companions and since 10 000BC we have relied on them for wool, milk and meat.
8. Their global population is predicted to be twenty-four million.
9. All sheep are born with long tails but majority of them have their tails docked so they are shorter.
10. A sheep's stomach has four compartments, compared to a human's that only has one.